Municipalities and industries
Improve your environmental performance and reduce your costs!
Full management of fertilizing residual materials
Our services include:
- turnkey and custom-made solutions;
- full characterization of waste (environmental and agronomic standards);
- collection, transportation and storage logistics;
- Full traceability of every tonne of FRM managed by Viridis
- agronomic and environmental monitoring;
- client prospecting;
- product conditioning/mixing/manufacturing; and
- compost site design, construction and operation.
- municipal, industrial and agri-food wastewater treatment plants
- municipalities, RMCs, public utilities and ecocentres
- food processing plants
- pulp and paper mills
- cogeneration plants
- agricultural industries
- composting centers
Expert management services
- guidance; and
- cost control.
Phase 1 – feasibility and planning study
- estimate of sludge volume and quality; and
- feasibility of recycling the sludge.
- technical assistance with preparing the call for tenders; and
- supervision of the work.
Collection, transportation and off-site storage of materials
- 2,3 and 4 axle dump trucks, with watertight tarp and teflon
- 3 and 4 axle tank trailers
- roll-off trailers
- tipping trucks
Our services include:
- Transport de conteneur jusqu’à 40 verges
- transportation of 40 cubic yard or smaller containers;
- bulk shipping (waste, aggregates, grains, contaminated soil, fertilizer, etc.);
- transportation of liquids (waste, liquid fertilizer, slurries, etc.);
- storage in authorized structures; and
- transshipment to authorized sites
Applications for certificates of authorization and grants
Accredited characterization and sampling of materials
Viridis’ teams of agronomists, engineers and environmental professionals provide the expertise needed to prepare the applications for certificates of authorization and project notices required to manage residual material.
We also have the expertise to help applicants secure grants, for instance under PTMOBC, IRAP, NRC, NSERC, CRIBIQ, etc. programs, among other things to support R&D projects, by drafting protocols that are in line with current practices and regulations.
- recycling FRMs in agriculture and forestry
- setting up and running composting sites
- setting up and running biomethanization sites
- rehabilitating degraded sites (mining sites, sandpits)
Viridis is accredited for the sampling of fertilizing residual materials (FRMs) by the Centre d’expertise en analyse environnementale du Québec (CEAEQ) in regard to continuous and intermittent productions and for organic, inorganic and microbiological parameters.
This accreditation ensures that the sampling activities adhere to a strict framework of specific requirements yielding reliable results for numerous applications. It is an annual or semi-annual requirement for most FRM valorization programs in Quebec.
Viridis’ sampling establishes Ministry categories pertaining to chemical contaminants (C), pathogens (P), and foreign bodies (E). These classifications are used to determine the best means of valorization within the regulatory standards set out in the Guide sur le recyclage des matières résiduelles fertilisantes. The sampling applies to most types of residues, namely:
- municipal biosolids;
- pulp and paper biosolids;
- compost and biomethanization digestate;
- lime residues from pulp and paper production;
- slaughterhouse biosolids and residues;
- agri-food biosolids;
- downgraded milk, lactoserum and derivatives;
GILBERT SAMSON, Managing Director, RAEBL
STÉPHANE ROY Buyer, Atrahan Transformation inc.