Municipalities and industries
Improve your environmental performance and reduce your costs!
Viridis can advise you or implement viable and efficient solutions that are adapted to your needs to enable you to reduce the cost of managing your waste, to meet government objectives, and to manage your waste responsibly and based on a range of options for disposal.
Our teams have proven track records in several areas: waste recycling, environmental management and engineering, collection, transportation and much more. Our primary goal is to more efficiently and properly manage our clients’ waste by presenting them with innovative ideas that can be put in place by effective teams.
Full management of fertilizing residual materials
For those generating waste, VIRIDIS has a full range of services to manage the following FRMs: municipal biosolids, paper fiber biosolids, agrifood residues, digestates, composts, leaves and green residues, wood chips from pruned branches, ashes and other liming materials, etc. all of which, when they meet provincial environmental regulations, can serve as alternative fertilizers or structuring materials used in agriculture, among other things, or as raw materials for the rehabilitation of degraded sites.
Our services include :
- turnkey and custom-made solutions;
- full characterization of waste (environmental and agronomic standards);
- collection, transportation and storage logistics;
- Full traceability of every tonne of FRM managed by Viridis
- agronomic and environmental monitoring;
- client prospecting;
- product conditioning/mixing/manufacturing; and
- compost site design, construction and operation.
Our clients :
- municipal, industrial and agrifood wastewater treatment plants
- municipalities, RMCs, public utilities and ecocentres
- food processing plants
- pulp and paper mills
- cogeneration plants
- agricultural industries
- composting centers
There are several ways in which wastewater treatment ponds can be drained and the recovered materials can be dewatered: liquid extraction, transportation and application, or prior dewatering in bags, by centrifuge or on dewatering beds. In every case, Viridis offers expert management services :
- guidance; and
- cost control.
Phase 1 – feasibility and planning study
- estimate of sludge volume and quality; and
- feasibility of recycling the sludge.
Phase 2 – drainage and recycling management
- technical assistance with preparing the call for tenders
- supervision of the work.
Collection, transportation and off-site storage of materials
Viridis has transportation equipment adapted to its clients’ different needs. Viridis also uses the services of several trucking companies, enabling it to serve its clients throughout Quebec and in Ontario. Viridis ensures the traceability of all materials that it transports. Its traceability tool is at all times available for consultation by its partner generators and carriers.
Our equipment :
- 2,3 and 4 axle dump trucks, with watertight tarp and teflon
- 3 and 4 axle tank trailers
- roll-off trailers
- tipping trucks
Our services include :
- transportation of 40 cubic yard or smaller containers;
- bulk shipping (waste, aggregates, grains, contaminated soil, fertilizer, etc.);
- transportation of liquids (waste, liquid fertilizer, slurries, etc.);
- storage in authorized structures; and
- transshipment to authorized sites
Viridis offers tangible solutions to the needs of its municipal and industrial clients that are environmentally and socially acceptable, at the best possible cost. It has expertise in a variety of fields, including mining sites rehabilitation, fertilization of forest settings, adding value to fertilizing residual materials (FRMs), production of soil from FRMs and decontaminated soils, and treatment of waste through composting. As well, Viridis develops, builds and operates made-in-Quebec and innovative SHOCMD technology for extracting and valorizing the organic material content of household waste.
The company relies on a team of professionals experienced in the design and monitoring of environmental projects. The Viridis team includes engineers, agronomists, biologists, technicians and other environmental specialists, and will be able to meet your needs.
Applications for certificates of authorization and grants
Accredited characterization and sampling of materials
- recycling FRMs in agriculture and forestry
- setting up and running composting sites
- setting up and running biomethanization sites
- rehabilitating degraded sites (mining sites, sandpits)
Viridis is accredited for the sampling of fertilizing residual materials (FRMs) by the Centre d’expertise en analyse environnementale du Québec (CEAEQ) in regard to continuous and intermittent productions and for organic, inorganic and microbiological parameters.
This accreditation ensures that the sampling activities adhere to a strict framework of specific requirements yielding reliable results for numerous applications. It is an annual or semi-annual requirement for most FRM valorization programs in Quebec. Viridis’ sampling establishes the classifications of chemical contaminants (C), pathogens (P), and foreign bodies (E). These classifications are used to determine the best means of valorization within the regulatory standards set out in the Guide sur le recyclage des matières résiduelles fertilisantes. The sampling applies to most types of residues, namely :
- municipal biosolids;
- paper fibre biosolids;
- compost and biomethanization digestate;
- lime residues from pulp and paper production;
- biosolids and slaughterhouse residues;
- agri-food biosolids;
- downgraded milk, lactoserum and derivatives; and
GILBERT SAMSON Managing Director, RAEBL
STÉPHANE ROY Buyer Atrahan Transformation inc.